If this is the first time you’ve tried making a Google Survey, try making a test survey and sending it to yourself until you get a hang of the look and feel of the survey.
1. First, you will need to set up a Google Docs account. They are free to use. Go to http://docs.google.com and sign up.2. Once you have your account created and signed in, click “Create New” and select “Spreadsheet” from the dropdown. This is where your survey data will be stored.
3. Next click the “Save Now” button in the top right hand corner of the page and name your spreadsheet.
4. Once your document is saved, Click “Form” and select “Create a Form”. This will open up the survey building tool.
5. Type out your survey question in the “Question Title”. Question type decides the format of the question (Multiple Choice, Essay text, Check boxes, etc.). Fill in your choices and decide if you want to make the question required and click the “Done” button when finished. To add another question, simply click the “+ Add Item” button in the top left.
You may also want to click the “Theme” button in the top left to personalize the look and feel of your survey.
5. When you have finished all your questions, click the “Email this Form” button in the top right and email the survey out to your list.
You can check back in your Google Docs folder to view your survey results in the Spreadsheet file you saved in Step 3.