In order to do this you need:
- Your WordPress site
- Your Facebook/Twitter page for your program group already set up
- Admin rights to aforementioned Facebook page
To set up the RSS import:
- Set up an account with www.twitterfeed.com. The accounts are free, just go to the website and hit the “Sign Up” button in the top right. They link Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, not just Twitter.
- Once you get the account set up create your first feed. It will ask you for the name of your feed (Ex: Jefferson County 4-H, Washington County Agriculture, etc.) and the RSS feed to pull the information from.
- Copy & Paste the URL from the appropriate program area of your site into the “Blog URL” field and add “/rss2” to the end of it. Make sure it is RSS2, and not just RSS.
a. Jefferson County 4-H: http://jefferson.ifas.ufl.edu/4h/rss2
b. Jefferson County Main site: http://jefferson.ifas.ufl.edu/rss2
c. Note that the URLs on your site may not the be exact same. For example your 4-H site might be http://county.ifas.ufl.edu/4-h/ or http://county.ifas.ufl.edu/4hyouth/ or something else. Just go to the appropriate program area on your website and copy and paste the URL from the URL bar and add /rss2 to the end of it.
- Be sure to check the “Advanced Settings” options. Particularly the “Update Frequency”. If you post 5 articles in one day, but Twitterfeed only pulls 1 article a day, it will take 5 days for all your articles to appear. Maybe you want it that way, maybe you don’t, but be sure to set it appropriately.