UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County will be hosting the 2nd annual Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp March 2nd, 2019 in Molino, Florida.
The Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp is a hands-on learning opportunity for cattle producers and youth livestock exhibitors. Topics covered include cattle handling, management, as well as nutrition & forages. We will also have industry representatives on hand to answer questions on products and services.
Registration 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Welcome/Introductions 9:00-9:15 a.m.
Rotation Breakouts: 9:15 – 11:30 (45 min ea.)
- Evaluation of Beef Carcass Quality & Management Goals for Improving Yield & Quality Grade.
- Winter Forage Demonstrations & Transitional Grazing Options. 35 + winter annual forage demonstration plots with Extension & industry professionals on hand.
Libbie Johnson, Jose Dubeux
- Livestock Identification & Traceability demonstration. Utilizing proper livestock branding and identification to improve traceability.
Lunch (provided) 11:45-1:00 p.m.
- Sponsor & Industry Updates
- Florida Cattle Policy Changes (Florida Cattlemen’s Association)
Wrap-up, Evaluations 1:00-1:30 p.m.
Location: Escambia County 4-H Livestock Facility, 5701 Hwy 99, Molino, FL 32577
Registration fees for the Beef Cattle Boot Camp are $10/person, $15/couple, or free for 4-H & FFA members. Registration fees will be paid on-site the day of event.
We ask that you RSVP to the Escambia County Extension Office (850-475-5230) to make food arrangements.
UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County
Latest posts by Nick Simmons (see all)
- Deep South Cattlemen’s Summit & Herdbuilder Showcase – April 12-13th - March 29, 2019
- Escambia County Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp – March 2 - February 8, 2019
- Implementing Low Stress Fence-Line Separation for Calf Weaning - December 14, 2018