There are roughly 15,000 head of cattle in Walton County, making them an important part of agriculture in Walton County. The University of Florida/IFAS Walton County Extension and the Panhandle Cattlemen’s Association are offering an educational program to help livestock owners stay competitive and up to date on the business.
There will be a ranch visit to Windy Hill Ranch, 883 Highway 2, beginning at 3:00 PM to view their Akaushi bulls, followed by a meal and program at 4:30 at the Paxton Ag Center, 22036 Hwy 331 North in Paxton, Florida. Topics covered will include: Alternative markets for your cattle, Advantages of a branded beef program, How to read market reports, and Management strategies that pay at market time.
Come for a unique educational program, enjoy a great Akaushi steak and all the fixings, and the opportunity to fellowship with members of the Panhandle Cattlemen’s Association. There will be a $10 fee to attend, which includes a raffle ticket for a new Stihl chainsaw; dinner is included. For more information or to register, please contact the Walton County Extension Office at (850) 892-8172 or email@example.com. Seating is limited so register now.
- 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM – Meet at Windy Hill Ranch, 883 HWY 2 near Walton Plantation: We will be reviewing Akaushi Cattle and discussing the Akaushi advantage. Bulls, cows and calves will be available for viewing and there may be time to review the facilities. For those not going to Windy Hill Ranch, program starts at 4:45 at the Paxton Ag Center.
- 4:15 PM – 4:30 PM – Travel to Paxton Ag Center – Paxton Ag Center – 22036 Hwy 331 North, Paxton, FL 32567
- 4:30 PM – $10 Registration (includes raffle ticket for chainsaw drawing)
- 4:45PM – Welcome, Opening Comments – Mike Goodchild, Walton Co. Extension Director
- 5:00PM – Sponsor Presentations
- The Akaushi Advantage – Jordan Beeman, President HeartBrand Beef, Flatonia, TX
- The American Akaushi Association – Kaci Carrales, Executive Director, American Akaushi Association, Flatonia, TX
- We Buy Akaushi – Brad Chandler, FPL Foods, Director of Live Cattle Operations, Augusta, GA
- Southern Sileage Supply – Ronnie Hales, Andalusia, AL
- 5:30 PM – Dinner- Featuring Akaushi Steak and all the fixings, Exhibits
- 6:00 PM – Advantages of a Branded Beef Program- JoJo Carrales, HeartBrand Cattle, Flatonia, TX
- 6:30 PM – How to Read Market Reports – Ken Kelley, Regional Extension Agent, Alabama Cooperative Extension
- 7:00 PM – Management Strategies that Pay at Market Time – Kalyn Waters, Holmes Co. Extension
- 7:30 PM – Door Prizes, Raffle Drawing & Evaluations, Adjourn
Use the following link for a printer friendly flyer for this event: 2019 Walton Fall Cattle Seminar
Latest posts by Michael Goodchild (see all)
- Walton County Fall Cattle Seminar –September 19 - August 23, 2019
- Harvesting Bahiagrass Sod for Extra Ranch Income - May 3, 2019
- Converting from Pines to Pastures?Control Weeds before Planting - April 21, 2017