UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County will be hosting the 3rd annual Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp March 7th, 2020 in Molino. The beef cattle bootcamp is a hands-on learning opportunity for producers covering the topics of cattle handling, management, nutrition & forages. There will also be producers and extension specialists on hand to visit with participants.
Registration 8:30-9:00 a.m.
Welcome/Introductions 9:00-9:15 a.m.
Rotation Breakout Rotation: 9:15 – 11:30 (45 min each)
- Beef Heifer Development and Pregnancy Detection Technologies Evaluation of new technologies for pregnancy detection. Kalyn Waters & Nick Simmons
- Winter Forage Demonstrations & Planting method influence on yield & quality Winter annual livestock forage plots with industry reps on hand. Libbie Johnson
- UF beef cattle nutrition research demonstration Overview and demonstrations of research by UF/IFAS specialist in ruminant nutrition.
Lunch: 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 pm
- Current Market Trends
- Cost Share programs
Wrap-up, Evaluations: 12:30
After lunch session: 1:00 p.m.
- Livestock handling and trailer safety
Location: Escambia County 4-H Livestock Facility, 5701 Hwy 99, Molino, FL 32577
Contact Information: Nick Simmons UF/IFAS Extension Escambia County, email@example.com, 850-475-5230
Registration fees for the Beef Cattle Boot Camp are $10/person, $15/couple, or free for 4-H & FFA Youth. Registration fees will be paid on-site the day of event.
We ask that you RSVP with the Escambia County Extension Office (850-475-5230) to make food arrangements.
Use the following link for the printer freindly event flyer: 2020 Escambia Beef Bootcamp
- Escambia County Beef Cattle & Forage Bootcamp – March 7, 2020 - February 7, 2020
- Using a “Pasture Stick” for Grazing Management Decisions - November 22, 2019
- In the Field Episode 1 – Hay Sampling for Forage Quality - October 11, 2019