Kirsten Romaguera, Public Relations Specialist, UF/IFAS Communications
Cattle producers from Florida and beyond are invited to attend the annual Northwest Florida Beef Cattle Conference. Although the free conference is hosted by the UF/IFAS Extension agriculture team in the Panhandle, the transition to a virtual format means that travel will not limit attendees.
For the past 35 years, the cattle rancher educational program has included a trade show of business and organizations that serve the cattle industry in Northwest Florida, Southeast Alabama and Southwest Georgia. Due to COVID-19, the usual in-person cattle producer meeting was shifted to a virtual format, including speakers, brief updates from cattle and forage researchers and a question-and-answer period at the end.
WHAT: 2021 Northwest Florida Beef Cattle Conference, “Moving Forward from Disruption.”
WHEN: Wednesday, February 10 at 7:30-9:30 a.m. Central time / 8:30-10:30 a.m. Eastern time.
WHERE: Live webinar on Zoom; Register now at tinyurl.com/NWFLBeefConf to receive the access the login information in advance of the event.
WHO: Cattle producers in Northwest Florida, Southeast Alabama and Southwest Georgia may be particularly interested, but all cow-calf producers are welcome to register and attend.
Speakers and topics will include:
- Chris Prevatt, UF/IFAS livestock and forage Extension economist, will present the Cattle Market Outlook for 2021 and Beyond.
- Glenn Selk, emeritus beef extension specialist from Oklahoma State University, will provide the keynote presentation, “Cornerstone Concepts for Cow Herd Sustainability,” detailing the foundation for profitable commercial cow-calf operations.
- An overview of the most significant research breakthroughs in cattle and forage agronomy research in North Florida.
- Speaker round-table for questions on these and other topics
MORE INFORMATION: 2021 Virtual Beef Cattle Conference Webinar – February 10, or contact Doug Mayo, UF/IFAS Extension Jackson County, 850-482-9620 or email@example.com.
- Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Panhandle Ag e-News with Top 10 Articles and Jokes of the Decade - April 9, 2021
- Friday Feature:Nitrate Leaching Research Summary - April 9, 2021
- Friday Feature: FarmWise Vegetable AI Weed Control - March 26, 2021