Buses will be departing from the back of the Convention Center near the parking garage. 19 Buses will start departing the Convention Center at 4:00 PM and will run in a continuous loop between the Convention Center and Carlin Park, with the last bus leaving the park at 9:00 PM. Each bus will leave their current location once filled to near capacity.
Before You Get on the Bus
- Have your Microsoft Beach Party Ticket and ID ready when you load the bus.
- Apply sunscreen in advance – lathering with beach sand is the same as exfoliating. It’s also troublesome to apply while sweating. Reapply after swimming.
- Swimwear is handy if you plan on swimming. Bring your hat and flip flops regardless of intended activities. Keep in mind that dark colors absorb heat. Be vibrant!
- Keep your wristband on – it’s required for adult beverages.
- Dehydration is real. Take a swig of water before you hit the road and continue to drink your liquids throughout the evening.
- Food trucks will be serving until 7:00pm with a limited quantity of meals per truck. This meal was included with registration, but don’t forget your ticket. Plan your meal preferences on the ride over, so you know which food truck you want to order from. Yes, there will be vegetarian options too.
Food Truck Menu Options
3 Island G’s Mobile Cuisine
- BRISKET OVER FRIES
- SMOKED WINGS
- SMOKED ST LOUIS RIB
- PULLED PORK SANDWICH + FRIES
All American Hot Dogs
- 2 GOURMET HOTDOGS + CHIPS
Chef K Provisions
- BBQ PULLED PORK SANDWICH
- CILANTRO-GARLIC SHRIMP
- GRILLED CHICKEN PLATE
- BACON CHEESEBURGER
- BLUE CHEESEBURGER
- JUAN AND ONLY (BURGER + JALAPENO CREAM CHEESE)
- CHICKEN TACOS (2)
- KOREAN TACOS
- GRILLED SHRIMP TACOS
- GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH
- CHIPS OR FRIES
Drink Like a Fish
- ASSORTMENT OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES
Feel Good Foods
- CHIPS OR COLE SLAW
Smoke in the City BBQ
- ¼ GRILLED CHICKEN
- HICKORY SMOKED BEEF BRISKET
- PULLED PORK
- LAYS POTATO CHIPS, POTATO SALAD OR CUCUMBER SALAD
Woodson’s Wrap Shack
- BLACKENED FISH
- SOUTHWEST CHICKEN
Once you arrive at Carlin Park
- Flags have a purpose. Read the signs to understand the color coding.
- The lifeguard will be on duty until 7:30pm. We will sound our whistles once people need to vacate the water.
- We have beach games, activities and floats for you to utilize. It will be a fun party even if you never take a dip in the Atlantic.
- The sand can be hot. Test it out before you commit to bare feet.
- Wooden posts with pink tape are indicators of sea turtle nests. This is not an invitation to stake your claim on this spot.
- Fill in any holes dug while creating your sandcastles and moats – they end up being traps for the turtle hatchlings.
- Shark attacks are NOT common – do not swim in fear!
- Sea Grant Agents are wandering around ready to answer your questions about wildlife, plant identification, coastal ecosystems and whatever else you can ponder!
- Most importantly, have a blast at the beach party!