The Suwanee County Conservation District (SCCD) and the University of Florida/IFAS will be hosting an educational event at the North Florida Research and Education Center-Suwanee Valley on Wed. Dec. 8th. This event will be held at the farm at 8202, County Road 417 NE of Live Oak. Registration will begin at 8:30 AM.
With rising cost of purchased inputs (fuel, fertilizer), supply chain issues, and more weather extremes events farmers are becoming more interested in how to be less dependent on off-farm inputs. The focus of this field day will be getting agricultural producers to think differently about the soils they manage, and not just viewed as a way to prop up their plants.
A few key things to note:
- There will be speaker presentations in the morning with field tours in the afternoon. Dr. Scott Angle, Dean for UF/IFAS Extension will be our keynote speaker at lunch.
- Vendors have been asked to set up displays of equipment, products or services related to soil health, cover crops and livestock integration with row crops.
- Registration fee is $15.00. You can register online with a credit card or pay at the event. However, if you plant to pay at the evnet, please RSVP with Kim Glascock at 386-362 1725 to assist with proper meal and refreshment preparations.
- Pesticide Continuing Education Credits have been approved, and CCA credits have been applied for.
- This event will be held outdoors under the new education pavilion so dress appropriately for cooler weather.
- 2021 Soil Health Cover Crop Field Day Flyer
- Cotton Marketing News:Cotton Bulls Continue to Run - November 12, 2021
- Suwanee Valley Soil Health & Cover Crop Field Day – December 8 - November 12, 2021
- NRCS Conservation Stewardship Program – Application Deadline December 10 - November 12, 2021