Join the Alabama Cooperative Extension System for an interactive, two-hour, online program on year-end tax planning for farmers.
The business of farming provides more opportunities to schedule the recognition of income and expenses than any other business. Hopefully you will have this conversation with your accountant some time before the end of the year. If you do not have an accountant, if might be worth your time to TUNE IN!
Topics for the program include the following:
- Methods to defer taxes including constructive receipt, income averaging, installment sales, pre-paying expenses, and retirement plan contributions
- Accelerating depreciation, self-employment tax planning, hiring your children, weather-related livestock sales, sale of farm assets, treatment of crop insurance and disaster payments and net operating losses
When: Thursday, December 2 at 7:00 p.m.
Where: Online via Zoom
Participants must register online and pay $10 for the course.
New to Zoom? Visit the Zoom website to watch a video that will help you prepare to attend. You do not have to set up a Zoom account to participate.
For more information about the Year-End Tax Planning for Farmers Workshop, contact Auburn Visiting Professor, Dr. Robert Tufts
- Year-End Tax Planning for Farmers Webinar – December 2 - November 19, 2021
- Re-scheduled: High Tunnel Pest Management Field Day – December 2 - November 19, 2021
- 2021 Cotton Production Issues in the Western Panhandle - October 1, 2021