The Panhandle Ag Extension Team will host the 2023 Beef & Forage Field Day, at the North Florida Research and Education Center’s Beef Unit, on Thursday, April 13. There will be six stops on the field tour, and the event concludes with a steak lunch. The UF/IFAS Beef Unit is located one mile west of Greenwood, Florida on Hwy 162.
8:00 AM: Registration & Sponsor Visits
9:00 AM: Beef Unit Tour Stops
- Integrated crop/livestock systems in North Florida – Jose Dubeux
- Bridging the forage fall gap using limpograss – Liza Garcia and Mark Mauldin
- The value of spring bahiagrass pasture fertilization – Cheryl Mackowiak and Doug Mayo
- Pregnancy diagnosis – Angela Gonella and Nick Simmons
- Self-feeding sorghum silage and protein supplementation – Nicolas DiLorenzo
- Knowing the microbes and mycotoxins present in your pastures, and how to detect them – Sunny Liao and Kacey Aukema
12:00 PM Steak Lunch
Download the printer friendly flyer: 2023 NFREC Beef & Forage Field Day Flyer
The registration fee is $10/person payable online: Beef & Forage Field Day Registration. At the registration site, you can register for this event only, or for both this event and the Forage Legume Conference, April 12 as one ticket.
For more information contact: Nicolas DiLorenzo 850-526-1615
- Evaluating Forage Soybean Silage as a Potential Protein Supplement for Cattle - April 14, 2023
- 2023 NFREC Beef & Forage Field Day – April 13 - March 24, 2023
- 2023 Florida Bull Test Sale – January 14 - December 16, 2022