March 17, 2020 Update
All UF/IFAS Extension educational programs, events, and meetings scheduled through April 30 have been postponed due to direction from the University of Florida concerning COVID-19. This includes CEU trainings, exam preparation classes and exam administration through Extension Offices.
The UF/IFAS Extension Pesticide Information Office offers online CEU classes that can be attended at your convenience to renew existing applicator certification and can be accessed here https://ifas-pest.catalog.instructure.com/
The Pesticide Information Office is communicating with FDACS to try to find answers to questions you may have about renewing or obtaining certification during the upcoming weeks.
The disappointment and inconvenience this situation will cause is obvious, but the safety and well-being of our community, faculty, and staff are paramount. Thank you for your cooperation and remember you can always contact your local Extension Office for guidance via email/phone. For a listing of local office visit https://sfyl.ifas.ufl.edu/find-your-local-office/
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
- Postponed March 27, 2020. Spring CEU Renewal Class, Panama City. Register online at https://2020springceu.eventbrite.com or contact Julie McConnell at email@example.com or 850-784-6105 with questions.
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
- Postponed March 23, 2020. Limited Lawn & Ornamental Review and Exams, Crestview. Register for the review class online All exam takers must also apply for the exam and pay $150 exam fee by visiting Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services page here https://aesecomm.freshfromflorida.com/Default.aspx For questions about the class, please contact Sheila Dunning at 850-689-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM)
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session.
Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the following study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see Renewal classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
- Postponed – March 24, 2020. LCLM Exam review and testing. UF/IFAS Extension Bay County. 2728 E. 14th Street, Panama City. Register online or contact Julie McConnell at email@example.com or 850-784-6105 with questions.
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (online training does not give CEUs)
- Postponed – March 20, 2020. GI-BMP, NWFSC Chatauqua Center, 908 US 90 W, DeFuniak Springs, FL . Register by contacting Sheila Dunning at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-598-4882. BMP Mar 20 Defuniak flyer.