Limited Structural Pest Control Training
- Exam review and testing for the Limited Structural Pest Control certification. This license is for applicators treating household pests in structures owned by their employer only, it is not valid for commercial pest control.
- Class fee is $20. Exam candidates must apply to FDACS and pay $150 exam fee before class. Details in the flyer Limited Structural Agenda 2019 Okaloosa
- CEUs will be available for current license holders.
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
November 16, 2018 – Cantonnment. Limited Pesticide Renewal Training. Fee is $15/person pre-registered online. $16/person pre-registered by phone, $30 at the door. Pre-registration ends November 14th. To get your ticket online go to https://pesticiderenewal.eventbrite.com. For questions contact Beth Bolles at firstname.lastname@example.org or 850-475-5230.
November 29, 2018 – Panama City. Commercial Horticulture Continuing Education Day. Morning session will offer 2-Core and 2-Pesticide CEUs (LCLM, Comm. L&O, LLO, Private Ag, O&T). Afternoon session Limited Urban Fertilizer CEUs. Sign up for all day or just the half you need. Tickets available online at https://ceus_ufifas_bay_nov29.eventbrite.com For more information contact Julie McConnell at email@example.com or 850-784-6105.
Pesticide Training and Exams (updated 7/24/18)
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM)
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session. Please note this is a change from previous format, we will no longer be combining Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO) exam days with LCLM because of significant changes in the covered material
New LCLM Training Materials and Exams
- Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance has changed. Please use the new study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
- If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see those classes listed above.
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (online training does not give CEUs)
January 10, 2019, Crestview. This class is to obtain CEUs and/or take the GI-BMP exam to obtain the Limited Urban Commercial Fertilizer Certification. Register online at https://okaloosabmp.eventbrite.com or contact Sheila Dunning at 850-689-5850. Detailed flyer GIBMP January 10_19_Okaloosa