July 24, 2020 Update
UF/IFAS Extension Offices are still limiting in-person classes and encourage you to use online training resources when available.
The UF/IFAS Extension Pesticide Information Office offers online CEU classes that can be attended at your convenience to renew existing applicator certification and can be accessed here https://ifas-pest.catalog.instructure.com/
We have been authorized to offer pesticide testing, but availability and schedules vary by county. Visit this link for updates on testing – please note the list is by region then alphabetical.
For an updated list of office closures and availability in general check your local office.
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
- July 31, 2020 – Fertilizing Effectively in Florida Soils. Free Zoom Webinar approved for 2 Limited Commercial Fertilizer. Register online at https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_iKZTZ0y4RM6Lq_ZGHsx2lg For questions regarding the class or registration please contact Tina McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 19-December 30, 2020 – Free Online Course Mosquito Training Program. 4 Maximum FDACS CEUs (2 Core, 2 GHP, Public Health, or Commercial L&O) Register here
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) – Online Exam Prep Now Available!
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session.
Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the following study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see Renewal classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
- Online Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pesticide Exam Prep Class can be started at any time and you have 30 days to complete from start date. Fee is normally $75, but with the discount code COVID19 it is half price! Register for the class online. See the LCLM Online flyer for more class details.
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (online training does not give CEUs)
- Postponed – March 20, 2020. GI-BMP, NWFSC Chatauqua Center, 908 US 90 W, DeFuniak Springs, FL . Register by contacting Sheila Dunning at email@example.com or 850-598-4882. BMP Mar 20 Defuniak flyer.