2019 Gulf Coast Turfgrass Expo & Field Day aka “Gnatfest”
June 19, 2019. UF/IFAS West Florida Research & Education Center, 4253 Experiment Dr, Jay, FL 32565. Regular attendee $50, exhibitor and sponsorship opportunities also available. Spend a day at the WFREC see what is up and coming in turfgrass research and earn FDACS CEUs. Registration includes lunch. Full agenda coming soon. Register online at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2019-gulf-coast-turfgrass-expo-field-day-tickets-60770879336
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM)
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session. Please note this is a change from previous format, we will no longer be combining Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO) exam days with LCLM because of significant changes in the covered material
New LCLM Training Materials and Exams
- Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the new study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
- If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see those classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
August 22, 2019 – UF/IFAS Extension Okaloosa County 3098 Airport Rd. Crestview, FL. Class details are pending. For questions please call Sheila Dunning at 850-689-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (online training does not give CEUs)