CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
- October 3, 2019. UF/IFAS Extension Bay County 2728 E. 14th Street, Panama City, FL. 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. CDT. CEU Renewal Class for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance, Limited Lawn & Ornamental, or Commercial Lawn & Ornamental. 4 CEU maximum. Early bird online registration $20/person at https://ufifasceu100119.eventbrite.com until October 2nd or $25/person at the door check or cash only. For questions contact Julie McConnell at email@example.com or 850-784-6105.
- October 29-30th FAMU 43rd Annual Entomology Field Day and Workshops. Tallahassee Community College Workforce Development Building 38, 444 Appleyard Dr. Tallahassee, FL. One day or two day registration options range from $70-$185. Visit http://famuent.org/field.html for more information. CEUs will be offered in multiple pest control license categories.
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM)
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session. Please note this is a change from previous format, we will no longer be combining Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO) exam days with LCLM because of significant changes in the covered material
New LCLM Training Materials and Exams
- Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the new study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
- If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see those classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
October 1, 2019 – UF/IFAS Extension Okaloosa County 3098 Airport Rd. Crestview, FL. 7:30 a.m. CDT. LCLM Review and exams. To register for the class visit lclmtickets100119.eventbrite.com For questions please call Sheila Dunning at 850-689-5850 or firstname.lastname@example.org The $150 exam fee is separate from class fees. Exam takers should obtain an FDACS exam voucher prior to attending the class and can be purchased here.
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (online training does not give CEUs)
October 1, 2019 from 8-4 at the UF/IFAS Leon County Extension Office, 615 Paul Russel Rd, Tallahassee FL. For more information contact: Mark Tancig at 850-606–5200. Register online at https://leongibmp_10-19.eventbrite.com
October 16, 2019. UF/IFAS Extension Santa Rosa County Office, 6263 Dogwood Dr. Milton, FL. Register online at Santa_Rosa_GIBMP or contact Matt Lollar for more information at 850-623-3868.