December 17, 2020 Update
UF/IFAS Extension Offices are starting to offer very limiting in-person classes and still encourage you to use online and virtual training resources when available.
All in-person activities must follow the UF/IFAS Covid-19 policies including, but not limited to:
- Approved face coverings must be worn covering nose and mouth at all times while inside UF/IFAS occupied or operated facilities. Face coverings must also be worn outdoors if 6-foot minimum distance cannot be maintained.
- Attendees must maintain CDC recommended social distancing, hygiene, and sanitation guidelines.
- Please do not attend if you or someone you have been in close contact with has symptoms of Covid-19, are awaiting test results for Covid-19, or have tested positive for Covid-19 in 14 days prior to date of event.
The UF/IFAS Extension Pesticide Information Office offers online CEU classes that can be attended at your convenience to renew existing applicator certification and can be accessed here https://ifas-pest.catalog.instructure.com/ Additionally, there are several “live” virtual classes now available.
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
- February 26, 2021. Live Zoom class. FDACS CEU Renewal Class – Sap Feeding Insects in the Landscape. Pre-registration required by February 24, 2021 by purchasing a ticket here This class is approved for 4 maximum credits in the following categories: 2 General Standard Core (487 or 482) plus 2 Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, LLO, or Private Ag. For questions about this class please contact Julie McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) – Online Exam Prep Now Available!
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session.
Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the following study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. TheStructural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see Renewal classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
- Open date: Pre-recorded Online Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pesticide Exam Prep. Class can be started at any time and you have 30 days to complete from start date. Fee is normally $75, but with the discount code COVID19 it is half price! Register for the class online. See the LCLM Online flyer for more class details.
- February 26, 2021. In-person, very limited seating. Crestview.
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Pre-recorded online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (recorded online training does not give CEUs, however “live” virtual classes may, always check with the provider if not advertised)
- October 22, 2020. Live virtual class using Zoom. Purchase tickets to participate in class here. Please note that if you need to take the exam for GI-BMP certification there will be an additional $15 testing fee. Up to 4 CEUs will be offered in the following categories : Core, Private Applicator, Ornamental & Turf, Limited Urban Fertilizer, Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance, Limited Lawn and Ornamental, Commercial Lawn and Ornamental. Full-day attendance is required to earn CEUs. For questions about the class, please contact Tatiana Sanchez at
email@example.com or call us at 352-955-2402.