The UF/IFAS Extension Pesticide Information Office offers online CEU classes that can be attended at your convenience to renew existing applicator certification and can be accessed here https://ifas-pest.catalog.instructure.com/
CEU (Continuing Education Unit) Classes for License Renewal
- Classes listed here will cover multiple topics that are designed to increase your knowledge about horticulture topics and have been approved by FDACS (Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services) for specific CEUs *unless noted.
- Please be sure you know what CEUs you need for your particular license – not all classes will apply toward all licenses! Contact your county extension agent or the class organizer if you need assistance determining if a class is appropriate for your needs. You can also search for classes through FDACS.
- April 13 – June 22 Webinar Series “Landscapes: They are a Changing…”
- Different topics each session and each one is worth one CEU in a variety of categories.
You must pre-register and pay the $10 administrative fee to receive a CEU. For a full list of topics and dates visit the registration page
For questions about the program contact Donna Castro at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pesticide Training and Exams
Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM) – Online Exam Prep Now Available!
- If you need to test for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance (LCLM), you must attend all day to earn the 6 CEUs required to take this exam. Exams will be available for only the LCLM pesticide licensing at the end of the session.
Please note the study material for Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance changed in 2018. Please use the following study guide information:
- Chapter 482 F.S. The Structural Pest Control Act FDACS Bureau of Licensing and Enforcement
- Chapter 5E-14, F.A.C. Rules of the Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Applying Pesticides Correctly
- Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pest Control SM-82
- Identification Guide to Common Florida Lawn & Ornamental Weeds
If you already have your pesticide license and need renewal CEUs, please see Renewal classes listed above.
To apply for exam and obtain FDACS voucher visit here. Exam fee is $150, separate from the class registration fee.
- Open date: Pre-recorded Online Limited Commercial Landscape Maintenance Pesticide Exam Prep. Class can be started at any time and you have 30 days to complete from start date. Fee is normally $75, but with the discount code COVID19 it is half price! Register for the class online. See the LCLM Online flyer for more class details.
Limited Lawn & Ornamental (LLO)
- This certification is limited to the following applicators
- government employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants for their employer
- persons who apply pesticides only to lawns and ornamental plants on their own private (business) property and
- employees who apply pesticides to lawns and ornamental plants on private (business) property owned by their employer
- Exam study Material
GI-BMP (Green Industry Best Management Practices)
- Required training to apply for Limited Certification for Urban Landscape Commercial Fertilizer which will be required to apply fertilizers or other soil amendments commercially beginning January 1, 2014
- CEUs for Core and Commercial L&O, O&T, LCLM, Limited L&O, Limited Urban Fertilizer, or Private Applicator-Ag
Pre-recorded online training available at Green Industries Best Management Practices (recorded online training does not give CEUs, however “live” virtual classes may, always check with the provider if not advertised)
- June 9, 2022
Green Industries Best Management Practices
6-hour training that is pre-requisite for Limited Urban Fertilizer certification, CEUs available
UF/IFAS Santa Rosa County Extension
6263 Dogwood Dr.
Milton, FL 32570