Join the University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (UF/IFAS) Honey Bee Research and Extension Laboratory for our very first 2020 Summer Virtual UF/IFAS Bee College! Imagine FIVE Saturday mornings in August 2020 of all things honey bees. Those new to beekeeping can follow the beginner track, while more experienced beekeepers can participate in sessions focused on honey bee stressors and other advanced topics related to beekeeping. Speakers include UF/IFAS faculty, staff, students, members from the Florida State Beekeepers Association, specialists from Bee Informed Partnership, and other honey bee specialists around the world! Participants can choose to attend one session or all five as a “Package Deal” for a reduced fee. Register for the “Package Deal” or for each session separately– whatever works best with your schedule.
- $150 for all five sessions/person (“Package Deal”)
- 10% discounts available only when purchasing the “Package Deal” to active duty military members, Retired Veterans, Florida State Beekeepers Association members, active members of the Master Beekeeper, Master Gardener, and/or Master Naturalist Programs, UF/IFAS county extension faculty, and anyone under 18 years of age
For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (352) 273-3969
Connecting/Attending to this class – How is this going to work?
This classes will be presented online via the Zoom teleconferencing platform, which can be downloaded ahead of time at https://zoom.us/download.
You will receive an e-mail from us the day before the session begins with three links to the event and a password (there is one link per track). We ask that you do NOT share these links. This will minimize any zoom hacking and will provide an overall better experience to our registered participants. If you do not already have Zoom installed, you will be given the option to install automatically after clicking the link. Please give yourself time to download and familiarize yourself with the program ahead of time.
You will not need a microphone or webcam to participate. Each participant will be automatically muted upon entry. Two facilitators will be available in each meeting room to help answer any questions that may arise.
For more information about Virtual Bee College, contact Amy Vu, Extension Coordinator, at email@example.com
Zoom Software & Information
How to join a Zoom meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=hIkCmbvAHQQ&feature=emb_logo
For more help go to: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-Joining-a-Meeting
- Cotton Marketing News:Rally Stalls & Market More Uncertain - July 31, 2020
- FDACS Asking Floridians to Report Suspicious Seed Packets from China - July 31, 2020
- Sunbelt Ag Expo Cancels 43rd Annual Farm Show due to COVID19 - July 24, 2020