On August 21, 2020, Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried and the Florida Forest Service announced that registration for the Florida Timber Recovery Block Grant Program and the Florida Irrigation Recovery Block Grant Program was available to agricultural producers and forest landowners who suffered damage from Hurricane Michael in October 2018.
The deadline to apply for these recovery programs has been extended through April 30, 2021.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the program is managed by the Florida Division of Emergency Management in conjunction with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) and the Florida Forest Service (FFS), which will provide technical assistance to landowners required to produce documentation to receive compensation for their losses.
Timber Recovery Block Grant
To be eligible for the Florida Timber Recovery Block Grant Program (TRBG), a producer must:
- Be the owner of record or the lessee who has rights to the timber crop at the time of application of a minimum of 10 contiguous acres of nonindustrial private forest land located in one of the following counties: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Hamilton, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Okaloosa, Suwannee, Taylor, Wakulla, Walton and Washington
- Have stands of timber that sustained a minimum of 25 percent loss due to Hurricane Michael
- To learn more and register for the TRBG, visit FloridaDisaster.org/timber
Call the hotline for application assistance: 850-270-8317
Center Pivot Irrigation Recovery Block Grant
To be eligible for the Florida Irrigation Recovery Block Grant Program (IRBG), a producer must:
- Be the owner of record of center pivot irrigation infrastructure at the time of application and document that the crop growing under the center pivot as of October 10, 2018, sustained a minimum 15 percent crop loss due to Hurricane Michael
- To learn more and register for the IRBG, visit FloridaDisaster.org/irrigation
Call the hotline for assistance with your application: 850-270-8317
Registration is the first step toward receiving recovery block grant funds, and should only take a few minutes to complete. The deadline to register for these programs is Friday, April 30, 2021. Once you register, you will be assigned to an account manager who will contact you within 15 business days to start the application process.
- Cotton Marketing News:Weather and Exports Will Continue to Key Outlook - May 7, 2021
- Beekeeper Winter Hive Loss Survey – Deadline April 30 - April 23, 2021
- Preemergence Herbicide Treatments Behind the Cotton Planter - April 16, 2021