It’s hard to believe it is time for a new school year! The past couple of years have been unusual to say the least, but we have curated some of our top tips to help parents, grandparents and caregivers set their youth up for success. Check out the articles below to plan for a safe and stress-free return to school:
- Strategies for Back to School Savings– one of our most popular posts about teaching financial management and consumer skills while shopping for back to school
- Tips for a Successful School Year– a planning checklist to set your child up for success
- Preparing Your Child Emotionally for a New School– if your child is attending a new school this fall, this article will help you prepare him or her emotionally
- Out of the Box Lunch Ideas– Healthy but not boring lunch ideas for school (and work too)!
- Control those Germs Gathered at School- this post was written pre-pandemic, but the tips are especially relevant now!
- Setting up a Homework Center– A homework center can help young people stay focused and organized, and is not difficult to set up.
- Setting up a Home Communication Center– When kids start participating in sports, 4-H and other extracurricular activities, a home communication center can help streamline schedules and keep everyone on the same page.
- 4-H Opportunities at School– Many schools and afterschool care centers in Florida offer 4-H programming; check out this post for information about opportunities to extend your child’s 4-H experience!